Asbestos / Demolition Notification

You do NOT need to notify the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency if you are:

  • performing the project outside of King, Kitsap, Pierce and Snohomish County
  • removing nonfriable asbestos

You need to notify the agency if your project is within our four county jurisdiction and includes any of the following:

  • removing 10 or more linear feet of friable asbestos
  • removing 48 or more square feet of friable asbestos
  • performing a demolition with a projected roof area greater than 120 square feet

To submit a notification to the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, you will need:
  • an asbestos survey
  • a MasterCard or Visa card
  • Internet Explorer or Firefox as your browser
To begin the notification process, please answer the following question.

Are you the homeowner who will be conducting a renovation or demolition project at your single-family residence where you currently live?

If this is a condominium, rental or multiple unit residence, you must select "No."

If this property is owned by a business, government entity or organization, you must select "No."

If you have questions, contact us by e-mail or phone at 206.689.4058.